The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!
The PK Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The PK Underground

Providing Pokemon strategies and a fun community since 2013.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PK Underground Suspect Discussion: Sawk if moved from NU to RU / LU

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Envy

Envy
Administrator

Sawk

PK Underground Suspect Discussion: Sawk if moved from NU to RU / LU Spr_5b_539

HP 75
Atk 125
Def 75
SpA 30
SpD 75
Spe 85

As you know, Sawk is the king of NU. You can't run a team without having to be prepared for Band or Scarf Sawk in NU. But what if Sawk was to be banned from NU and moved up to RU / LU?

In my opinion, it could possibly lessen the hold of psychic / fighting Pokemon in NU and allow more Pokemon to flourish. Along with this, Sawk's high stats and perfect speed for NU cause it to be able to quickly dispose of its opponents. For those who claim to counter Sawk such as Weezing, Sawk has mold breaker, which means Earthquake can hit it and OHKO it. In my opinion it should be moved up into the next highest tier to help the NU game decentralize. What would you guys think.

https://pkunderground.forumotion.com

Doomguy Delta

Doomguy Delta

Too often do I see Sawk rampage through the NU tier, scoring KOs left and right. He's a great revenge killer/sweeper, perhaps a bit TOO good...

If Sawk went up to RU in PS!, that would remove a very dangerous threat but Primeape would easily replace him and would probably see more usage. Primeape has less ATK, more SPE, and lacks Mold Breaker, but can run a similar moveset that most Choice'd Sawk run, replacing EQ with U-turn instead. He is also less bulky than Sawk.

I don't play RU so I can't give you a proper opinion, but I feel that Sawk would fit just fine in RU.

Envy

Envy
Administrator

Doomguy Delta wrote:Too often do I see Sawk rampage through the NU tier, scoring KOs left and right. He's a great revenge killer/sweeper, perhaps a bit TOO good...

If Sawk went up to RU in PS!, that would remove a very dangerous threat but Primeape would easily replace him and would probably see more usage. Primeape has less ATK, more SPE, and lacks Mold Breaker, but can run a similar moveset that most Choice'd Sawk run, replacing EQ with U-turn instead. He is also less bulky than Sawk.

I don't play RU so I can't give you a proper opinion, but I feel that Sawk would fit just fine in RU.

Yeah, Primeape for the most part would probably take his place. Primeape more often than not also runs Acrobatics with Flying Gem, which gives it a bit more versatility than Sawk as well.

skeletorissatan

Global Moderator

Sawk is overpowered to fuck

Sexy Gardevoir

Sexy Gardevoir

skeletorissatan wrote:Sawk is overpowered to fuck

It really isn't. One must note of the numerous psychics and ghosts types in the tier. While Sawk does have decent attack and speed, it is often not enough to overpower and centralise the metagame, for example, it can only 2hko if max and 3hko if min max hp max def regirock, leaving it being able to cut its speed by t-wave, before pulling off a stealth rock. Taking away its speed severely cripples it. While we are on that, sawk hates all types of status.

A good player can choose to build a team that supports sawk to sweep late-game, or wallbreak using the two choice items that are both very viable on sawk(choice band and scarf). A notable drop from LU recently is Houndoom, which can absorb the WoW aiming at it and scorch the opponent with its boosted fire attacks. It can also act as a good check to most psychic types in the tier, especially musharna, whose signal beam can barely do anything without any CM boosts under its belt, while houndoom can safely trap it with pursuit, and deal huge amounts of damage to it.

Envy

Envy
Administrator

Sexy Gardevoir wrote:
skeletorissatan wrote:Sawk is overpowered to fuck

It really isn't. One must note of the numerous psychics and ghosts types in the tier. While Sawk does have decent attack and speed, it is often not enough to overpower and centralise the metagame, for example, it can only 2hko if max and 3hko if min max hp max def regirock, leaving it being able to cut its speed by t-wave, before pulling off a stealth rock. Taking away its speed severely cripples it. While we are on that, sawk hates all types of status.

A good player can choose to build a team that supports sawk to sweep late-game, or wallbreak using the two choice items that are both very viable on sawk(choice band and scarf). A notable drop from LU recently is Houndoom, which can absorb the WoW aiming at it and scorch the opponent with its boosted fire attacks. It can also act as a good check to most psychic types in the tier, especially musharna, whose signal beam can barely do anything without any CM boosts under its belt, while houndoom can safely trap it with pursuit, and deal huge amounts of damage to it.

Houndoom dropped to NU? Oh that's just awesome. If that's the case then Sawk would be needed even more in NU.

skeletorissatan

Global Moderator

Sawk was ridiculously overpowered in gen 5

Envy

Envy
Administrator

I'm honestly surprised Throh is even in NU, I've used him in OU to great effect.

skeletorissatan

Global Moderator

Sawk imo was gen 5s most overpowered pokemon

Envy

Envy
Administrator

Out of ALL the pokemon in gen 5?

skeletorissatan

Global Moderator

Yep

Envy

Envy
Administrator

Damn, Chandelure was the one that always gave me problems fighting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum