The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!
The PK Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The PK Underground

Providing Pokemon strategies and a fun community since 2013.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PK Underground Suspect Discussion: Entei if moved from RU to NU

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Envy

Envy
Administrator

Entei

PK Underground Suspect Discussion: Entei if moved from RU to NU Spr_5b_244

HP 115
Atk 115
Def 85
SpA 90
SpD 75
Spe 100

Now I know what you're all thinking. Entei, NU. What? Think about it. Tons of Pokemon (notably Samurott) are able to wall if not outright counter Entei, it has poorly distributed states with barely any movepool to abuse them and would help to diverse NU's gameplay even more. It wouldn't centralize teams but it would become an active threat and would probably reach the top ten in NU. What do you guys think, is Entei too strong for NU, or will its poorly distributed stats be its downfall.

https://pkunderground.forumotion.com

Sexy Gardevoir

Sexy Gardevoir

tbh entei is already enough of a threat in LU/RU. I mean, samurott is SLOWER than entei, there are barely anything in RU that can effectively counter entei. Band entei would commonly run the moveset flare blitz/stone edge/extremespeed/hidden power grass, which can really flatten the majority of the tier. For example, slowking is 2hkoed if it does not invest heavily in hp and defense. Its stats, while not the best distribution in the game, does have a niche in LU as an offensive physical powerhouse, and i doubt it will be dropping to NU anytime soon, even if its movepool is as crappy as hell.

Envy

Envy
Administrator

Sexy Gardevoir wrote:tbh entei is already enough of a threat in LU/RU. I mean, samurott is SLOWER than entei, there are barely anything in RU that can effectively counter entei. Band entei would commonly run the moveset flare blitz/stone edge/extremespeed/hidden power grass, which can really flatten the majority of the tier. For example, slowking is 2hkoed if it does not invest heavily in hp and defense. Its stats, while not the best distribution in the game, does have a niche in LU as an offensive physical powerhouse, and i doubt it will be dropping to NU anytime soon, even if its movepool is as crappy as hell.

You bring up some pretty good points. But still, if you look at some of the top threats in NU, they can easily counter Entei though.

Samurott for the most part can still tank Entei's attacks, nail him with Waterfall then KO him with Aqua Jet.
Regirock, Wartortle (can wall to an extent if Entei isn't running HP Grass or is locked into choice), Houndoom can come in with Flash Fire on a choice locked Entei (which is pretty much all that it runs). Rhydon can take Entei as long as it avoids HP Grass.

https://pkunderground.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum