The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!
The PK Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The PK Underground

Providing Pokemon strategies and a fun community since 2013.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gardevoir (Advance OU)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gardevoir (Advance OU) Empty Gardevoir (Advance OU) Wed May 22, 2013 2:37 pm

ChaosSigma0

ChaosSigma0

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible and not say too much... And Emerald Version was my first pokemon game I've ever played.

Gardevoir has a vast movepool, and this is the key to keeping it from being outdone by other Psychics.
However in the competitive world, her speed problem slows her down, literally. She can't sweep teams often unless she has a Salac Berry to help her out. Despite that, I run with Petaya Berry sometimes.
Even so, she can screw with common Psychic counters, such as Metagross and Snorlax, and she's also an excellent team supporter.

This is the set I usually run.

Violet (Gardevoir) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Trace
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

Violet is in fact a fair-sized sweeper threat. Thanks to Trace, Gardevoir can switch in easily against Levitate Pokemon using Earthquake, Flygon and Claydol for instance, as well as Pokemon with an absorption ability, such as Jolteon and Vaporeon.
Once it's on the field, proceed to boost up with Calm Mind and strike down opponents with powerful attacks off that impressive SpA stat.
Will-O-Wisp is for those Snorlax who like to ruin your fun. Destiny Bond can be used instead to take down a foe along with her if things are looking bad.

If you don't need Will-O-Wisp or Destiny Bond, it's good to use Icy Wind to deal good damage on Dugtrio, Celebi, Zapdos and Claydol. It also heavily dents Salamence, Flygon and Aerodactyl. The speed drop is pretty cool too.

A Salac or a Petaya Berry or isn't a bad idea here to give the opponent a surprise.

This offensive version of Gardevoir should mostly invest in Speed and Special Attack. Good Speed stats to hit are 244 (192 EVs with a neutral Speed nature), which outspeeds all Tyranitar, and 270 (200 EVs and a positive nature), which outpaces neutral Speed Heracross.

http://Well, there's YouTube...   www.youtube.com/user/ChaosSigm

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum