The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!
The PK Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The PK Underground

Providing Pokemon strategies and a fun community since 2013.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PK Underground Suspect Discussion: Kyurem (Normal) if moved from BL to UU

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Envy

Envy
Administrator

Kyurem

PK Underground Suspect Discussion: Kyurem (Normal) if moved from BL to UU Spr_5b_646

HP 125
Atk 130
Def 90
SpA 130
SpD 90
Spe 95

Kyurem, badass typing. Badass stats, badass look. Yet he's lingering, practically unused in the depths of BL.

But what if we were to give Kyurem a new lease on life in UU now that Kyurem B roams OU? Would Kyurem shine as a good pokemon in UU, a weak contender, or would it be broken?

Personally I think it would be a marvelous addition to UU. It wouldn't centralize the metagame because possibly its best UU counters are some of the most used, Mienshao, Chandelure and Heracross. There's multiple used pokemon in UU that wall it cold, such as Blastoise, Bronzong, Snorlax and Slowbro. Also there's many pokemon that can come in and stop it clean before it has a chance to fire off its attacking stats.

Kyurem could possibly become one of the best UU pokemon thanks to its stats, but would need some support to work.

What do you guys think? Keep Kyurem locked away in BL where it will rarely get use, or put it in UU and spice up that metagame a bit.

https://pkunderground.forumotion.com

Sexy Gardevoir

Sexy Gardevoir

I would think dropping it to UU is a horrible idea, seeing that its dual attacking stats are simply powerful. It's very good bulk(i mean, compare it to the rest of the offensive sweepers in UU), is simply too good for the tier, even if it sports a pathetic weakness to fighting and rock. However, it can mitigate the stealth rock weakness to an extent as it sports an instant recovery in roost. Think about it, does any other offensive powerhouse in UU sport these kind of gifts? That's not even the end of it, it sports fantastic moves in its movepool, despite limited, such as draco meteor/ice beam/outrage/earth power/ focus blast allows kyurem to go mainly special-based, or perhaps mixed to break through the tier's toughest walls.

The most common set in OU i have seen is the subroost varient, which allows it to pp stall with substitute and roost, and blow the opponent away with the powerful ice beam and earthpower combination.

The water types you have listed as 'counters' just become more of kyurem's prey, as it can safely set up a substitute and completely wall them, such is the case of slowbro and blastoise. One must note of its phenomenal bulk, and thus can even go full-stall if needed.

If its power alone isn't enough to deter you from stopping it from dropping it to UU, i have no idea what will

Envy

Envy
Administrator

Sexy Gardevoir wrote:I would think dropping it to UU is a horrible idea, seeing that its dual attacking stats are simply powerful. It's very good bulk(i mean, compare it to the rest of the offensive sweepers in UU), is simply too good for the tier, even if it sports a pathetic weakness to fighting and rock. However, it can mitigate the stealth rock weakness to an extent as it sports an instant recovery in roost. Think about it, does any other offensive powerhouse in UU sport these kind of gifts? That's not even the end of it, it sports fantastic moves in its movepool, despite limited, such as draco meteor/ice beam/outrage/earth power/ focus blast allows kyurem to go mainly special-based, or perhaps mixed to break through the tier's toughest walls.

The most common set in OU i have seen is the subroost varient, which allows it to pp stall with substitute and roost, and blow the opponent away with the powerful ice beam and earthpower combination.

The water types you have listed as 'counters' just become more of kyurem's prey, as it can safely set up a substitute and completely wall them, such is the case of slowbro and blastoise. One must note of its phenomenal bulk, and thus can even go full-stall if needed.

If its power alone isn't enough to deter you from stopping it from dropping it to UU, i have no idea what will

Well, honestly I'm just spouting out ideas with these test subject discussions, seeing what people would think of them and seeing where I would go wrong / right in my predictions. But yeah, Kyurem's stats are pretty hefty, I'm honestly mostly banking on the fact that there are fighting types pretty much everywhere in all the tiers.

https://pkunderground.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum