The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!
The PK Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The PK Underground

Providing Pokemon strategies and a fun community since 2013.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pokemon that would have been great if they were in RBY (Part 1)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Envy

Envy
Administrator

If you look at the competitive scene now compared to what it was back in RBY, there have been so many changes it would be almost impossible to count them all. Some Pokemon have achieved the spotlight due to these battle system changes, but others were shafted. What if some of the neglected Pokemon from future generations were in RBY? Where would they be? This is what I think.

Glaceon

Pokemon that would have been great if they were in RBY (Part 1) Spr_5b_471

Stats in RBY: 65 / 60 / 110 / 130 / 65

Current Tier: NU
If it was in RBY: Top Tier OU

Want to know why? Simple. It would have had 130 Special. If you recall, there was no Special Attack / Special Defense in RBY, there was only the one monstrous Special stat. That combined with its unique ice typing would have made for a fantastic RBY Special attacker. It would also steal Articuno's title as having the strongest Blizzard in RBY. Since not only does Glaceon have a better Special than Articuno, it has better typing as well, being only 2 x weak to rock instead of 4 x like Articuno. Along with this it doesn't have a crippling weakness to electricity, so thunderbolt won't do anything. Also Glaceon's superb 110 defense helps out with its rock and fighting weakness. Oh, did I mention fighting types are rarely used in RBY and the most commonly used one is Submission? Exactly.

Slaking and Regigigas

Pokemon that would have been great if they were in RBY (Part 1) Spr_5b_289 Pokemon that would have been great if they were in RBY (Part 1) Spr_5b_486

Stats in RBY (Slaking): 150 / 160 / 100 / 95 / 100
Stats in RBY (Regigigas): 110 / 160 / 110 / 80 / 100

If it was in RBY: Ubers

Why the big jump? The reason Slaking and Regigigas are in NU is because of their abilities, which are extremely inconvenient. Slaking has to pause every turn, and Regigigas has to wait five turns to use its power. There were no abilities in RBY, meaning that they would be able to hit hard and vicious right off the bat. Slaking would basically be as strong if not stronger than Mewtwo and would have the highest single stat in RBY bar Chansey's HP. Regigigas is basically the same thing, except it's quite inferior to Slaking, having way less HP and special attack, but with a slightly higher defense stat.

Drifblim

Pokemon that would have been great if they were in RBY (Part 1) Spr_5b_426

Stats in RBY: 150 / 80 / 44 / 90 / 80

If it was in RBY: OU

Can someone say special sponge? Drifblim would be able to tank threats like Gengar, Exeggutor and Slowbro all day with 150 base HP stat and 90 special stat. It would be able to take Thunderbolts and Ice Beams thanks to its huge bulk and fire back with Thunderbolts (which it has access to) and can even fire on the physical side as well thanks to Fly. It would have monstrous coverage and just in general would be a great pokemon in RBY.

I saw some people doing this around the internet, so i thought I'd pick a couple myself. This is only the first part. I'll make more parts eventually. But for now, tell me what you guys think.

https://pkunderground.forumotion.com

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum