The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!
The PK Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The PK Underground

Providing Pokemon strategies and a fun community since 2013.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anime... A Place To Start

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anime... A Place To Start Empty Anime... A Place To Start Wed May 01, 2013 6:13 pm

skeletorissatan

Global Moderator

So, Anime is a rather touchy subject within teenagers and adults. Some people love it and some people consider it to be childish nonsense that makes about as much sense as trying to change the channel on a TV when it's off. The overall premise of watching a cartoon aimed at more of a mature audience may come as somewhat of a mind-bender to some but in reality it is nowhere near as immature as one would expect.

First of all, what is anime? Anime is essentially a darker cartoon, one that is aimed at an audience more mature than Tina Toddler or whatever silly child you know. If you name me He-Man, ill name you Soul Eater. If you name me Barney The Dinosaur, ill name you Death Note. The themes are often considerably more adult and are tragic, and the action is a lot more intense. Gore, dismemberment and general horrifying acts are frequent within the realms of anime, as are swearing and nudity (which has even spun off its own sub-style called hentai.. but lets not go there...).

For many people an entry point into anime is often some thing that crosses the border of being a mere cartoon. Given how such shows as Pokemon are considered to transcend genres by appealing to the masses through nostalgia and through the highly successful gaming series, that is often many peoples first foray into anime. Whilst Pokemon itself could be considered a cartoon given its sparse combat and childish nature, it crosses the border into anime due to the legacy the games have among todays teenagers.

Anime is not something that is easy to get into however due to the fact that many shows are rather appalling so here are a few for you to consider watching. These have all been dubbed into english as anime started out as just a japanese culture and therefore the animes start out in japanese before being translated and dubbed into English.

Soul Eater-My personal favorite show, this is literally a must watch.

Death Note-Arguably the most famous proper anime (as opposed to cartoon animes such as Dragon Ball and Pokemon), this is dark and fun.

Black Butler-One of the better known animes, the dubbing job in this was really good.

Hetalia-Some of the best stereotypes of nationalities ever recorded, this is a masterpiece in anime.

Do not hesitate to post your own favorite animes and ask for more recommendations ( I have not completed around 100 different series of animes)

2Anime... A Place To Start Empty Re: Anime... A Place To Start Wed May 01, 2013 10:40 pm

Envy

Envy
Administrator

Dragon Ball Z is my favorite anime hands down.

https://pkunderground.forumotion.com

3Anime... A Place To Start Empty Re: Anime... A Place To Start Thu May 02, 2013 3:53 am

skeletorissatan

Global Moderator

Sticky this?

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

5Anime... A Place To Start Empty Re: Anime... A Place To Start Fri May 10, 2013 10:32 am

skeletorissatan

Global Moderator

Been watching Pokemon anime a lot but mainly Soul Eater (my favorite anime lol)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum