The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PK Underground
Want to help out with strategies? Want to request some or just want to hang out with the members of the community? Come join the site!
The PK Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The PK Underground

Providing Pokemon strategies and a fun community since 2013.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ChaosSigma0's Sand Team (5th Gen Ubers)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ChaosSigma0's Sand Team (5th Gen Ubers) Empty ChaosSigma0's Sand Team (5th Gen Ubers) Tue May 14, 2013 1:24 am

ChaosSigma0

ChaosSigma0

I normally use this team when I want to play with a offensive sandstorm core.

>>> Below is copypaste-able if you want to try <<<

Sandy (Tyranitar) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock

RushChomp (Garchomp) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

PokeGenie (Jirachi) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 152 Atk / 196 SAtk / 160 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Rumbler (Terrakion) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Justified
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Gladiator (Palkia) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Thunder
- Aura Sphere

Subterror (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

>>> End of team listing <<<

Sandy is my lead guiTAR, a bit of a attacker/suicide lead if you ask me... Use SR first if you know you'll go first. Crunch & Stone Egde for STAB. You can use Focus Sash + Counter for surprising those fighting leads *cough* Conkeldurr *cough* or Lum Berry + Superpower if you happen to dislike that Darkrai lead putting her to sleep. Low Kick is for hitting those huge enemies like Groudon as hard as possible.

RushChomp is a physical sweeper in my team. Substitute on those trying to set up on you (hopefully Sand Veil makes an attack miss giving you a free decoy up), Swords Dance when you think you're safe behind a decoy or against something that's not a threat. Dragon Claw and Earthquake for STAB. I guess you could go with Outrage instead of Dragon Claw, your choice.

PokeGenie is my physical offensive 'hax ftw' version of Jirachi as you can see... Iron Head (or Zen Headbutt) for reliable STAB and good flinch rate. Ice Punch for those dragons, though you could replace this with Sandstorm to potentially turn the game around.
Hidden Power Fire is for those Bug/Steel types and a certain Steel/Flying pokemon who would dare switch in, though Thunderbolt hits it and Lugia nicely too. (It paralyses for me sometimes Laughing)

Rumbler is a late-game physical sweeper who will most likely win for you if used correctly. It's a double-dancer with both Rock Polish and Swords Dance. Close Combat hits HARD to anything that doesn't resist it, Sacred Sword can be used if you don't like the stat drops and kills those pokemon that like to set up on you. I'd choose Rock Slide over Stone Edge for more reliability.

Gladiator is for those twists that can happen in a lot of battles. I use Expert Belt because it can hit quite a lot of weaknesses. (Warning: May lose to Choice Scarf users!)
Special Rend for STAB and hits all dragons(bar Dialga) hard, and the critical rate is kinda nice. Surf is another STAB you may find useful against those Ground and Rock types. Thunder, yup, hits those Kyogre and Politoed and is 100% accurate in rain. Aura Sphere is effective against Dialga, who would otherwise survive and kill Gladiator... and it hits other Steel types that PokeGenie may have failed to beat.

If that sandstorm is still up, Subterror may just win this for you, thanks to Sand Rush which doubles his speed in a sandstorm. Run a Jolly nature if you fear other Excadrill on the battlefield. Swords Dance on a non-threat pokemon or if you're confident enough... And then sweep up the rest and hopefully win the battle.

Last edited by ChaosSigma0 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://Well, there's YouTube...   www.youtube.com/user/ChaosSigm

Chaoseldarknight

Chaoseldarknight

^ someone gotta teach me how to make a good team core
Nice team btw, mind if i try it?

Sexy Gardevoir

Sexy Gardevoir

Is this Ubers or OU? Cuz if it OU then palkia and exca is banned imo.

thomasss

thomasss
Administrator

Sexy Gardevoir wrote:Is this Ubers or OU? Cuz if it OU then palkia and exca is banned imo.
It's not opinion, it's fact. And yeah this should be assumed to be an Ubers team. That should probably be included in the title and description somewhere yo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum